Contributing to OMII-UK
PALs and Beta testers
If you use our software and wish to play more of a part in its development, you can become an OMII-UK PAL or Beta tester. Both PALs and Beta testers are given special privileges, such as early access to software and priority support, in return for their help.
- PALs act as OMII-UK ambassadors helping OMII-UK establish user communities for our software. More information on the PALs programme.
- Beta testers help OMII-UK to develop our software by providing feedback on pre-release software. More information on the Beta testers programme.
Other ways in which you can contribute
There are many ways in which you can contribute to OMII-UK:
- Tell us about software that you need - what are you trying to do, but can't? This may lead to the development of new software through our Commissioned Software Programme.
- Tell us about the software that has been useful to you, and register the details of the project with our catalogue. By registering the project, you can help more e-researchers to gain the benefits of that project.
- Tell us about the software that you have written, and register the details of the project with our catalogue. Adding your software to our catalogue will help to publicise and distribute your software.
New software is registered with the catalogue through the old repository, which requires you to log in to our website first. Before submitting software, please read our guidelines on submitting software.